Our last LucidDB release was now, just more than 12 months ago on June 16, 2010. We were really really trying to beat the 1 year mark for our 0.9.4 release but we just couldn’t. A tenet of good, open source development is early and often and we need to do better. Since the 0.9.3 release we’ve:
- Built out an entire Web Services infrastructure
- Developed a wicked cool Admin user interface
- Developed cool connectors to Hive, CouchDB
- Built a whole ton of extensions (auto indexing, DDL generation, improved load routines)
- Scriptable functions, and procedures
- Updated our connectors (JDBC, Salesforce, etc)
All in this is a VERY exciting release… I apologize it’s taken this long, but please bear with us. We’ll be release in the next couple of weeks!
Agree that a year is too far between point releases. But oh boy, what a point release. Most projects would be pleased to have such a feature list for a major release.
Thanks Julian! Yeah, I think it’s a great release. Can’t wait to get it out the door!
😀 This will be an awesome release. I can hardly wait!
Is the 0.9.4 development source available? Would be interesting to preview the work in progress.